Fact: There is no immunity or protection against The Law of Scoreboards.
Did you know: What the media does NOT want you to read is at https://market-ticker.org/nad.
You are not signed on; if you are a visitor please register for a free account!
|The Market Ticker Single Post Display (Show in context)||
|User Info||Well, Duh. This Is Why It Was Stupid; entered at 2021-08-02 11:30:39|
An evil group of scientists decides to conquer a planet somewhere in space inhabited by a civilisation of unsuspecting borgs.
Plan of action:
1. Create a dastardly new disease.
2. Release disease in various places.
3. Invent a new, untested miracle cure.
4. Prevent borgs from using their own medicine.
5. Lock them into their homes, stop travel, stop pleasure, until they gratefully accept the scientists' miracle cure.
6. Murder the stragglers who don't want the miracle cure.
7. Order restored, and the borgs enter gleefully into their New Abnormal.
Twist to the tale
The miracle cure could not cure the disease. It killed many within days, and others over a number of years. Borgs could not breed. It was eventually discovered that the cures were in fact a number of different cures given to different borg regions - salt water, different dangerous chemicals, dissolved metals. They were not cures at all.
In the end, the borgs died. The scientists went back to their planet - satisfied after their successful experiment.