in Editorial , 1321 references
When someone runs a pack of lies intended to commit theft of trillions while allowing brigands to go free and steal, you should force them from office.
If they refuse to leave then the people should contemplate whether their government continues to enjoy consent of the governed.
And if that contemplation leads the people to the conclusion that it does not, then said government is dissolved. It may leave in peace or may leave otherwise but the people have every right to compel it to leave.
This is the foundation of America. You cannot believe that America is a valid nation, with a valid government, and not adhere to all of the above. If you do then you're Hitler, Mao, or Pol Pot. You have no more right to continue to be in said government than they did while they were murdering millions.
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., on Tuesday compared the push to combat climate change to the response to the attack on Pearl Harbor as he unveiled legislation that would declare a “climate emergency" and demand a massive-scale mobilization to tackle it.
“In some ways...I’m reminded today in terms of the crisis that we face in climate change about where the United States was in 1941 when it was attacked at Pearl Harbor, and what happened at that point, having to fight a war on two fronts in the East and in Europe, the United States came together and within three years it had created the type of armaments program that was necessary to, in fact, win the war,” he said in a conference call with reporters.
This is a lie in all respects.
It is intended to steal trillions from United States citizens.
It is intended to enrich other nations at the expense of said citizens.
It is intended to enslave.
And under the 13th Amendment, it is unlawful, it is unconstitutional, and those who adhere to it must be forced to leave. Here, now, today, and by any means necessary.
I submit the following facts, which cannot be disputed.
- Human activity is responsible for approximately 3% of CO2 in the atmosphere.
- Humans are not harmed, nor are any animals, by CO2 levels even more than double that in the atmosphere today. In fact, the average CO2 level in an American home is twice that of the outside air. This is simply due to the fact that we limit air exchange with the outside on purpose for energy efficiency reasons, and humans (along with pets) emit CO2.
- During The Medieval Warm Period, roughly 900-1300 AD, global temperatures were approximately 1-1.5 degrees Centigrade higher than they are now. There were exactly ZERO SUVs, coal-fired power plants and similar on the planet at the time. The Vikings explored Greenland at the time and gave that land mass it's name, cultivating both crops and domestic animal food sources including horses, cattle, pigs, sheep and goats. More than six hundred farms have been found and excavated on Greenland, proving that this was the case. Post-1300 or thereabouts when the Little Ice Age began these all became non-viable and were abandoned. I note that the Medieval Warm Period not only did not end the planet from an ecological basis it was thriving, as demonstrated by said civilizations, during that time.
- During the Maunder Minimum, part of the Little Ice Age, the River Thames froze. We know this happened because there are paintings, among other historical records, created at that time (~1660) which survive today.
- Temperatures today are well below the maximum set during The Medieval Warm Period; we have exited The Little Ice Age and the planet is naturally warming. For exactly how long that will continue cannot be determined but it is important to note that the Earth is currently in an interglacial period, which will eventually (long after everyone currently alive is dead) end. When it does the planet will cool dramatically, as it has many times through the millennia.
- This is not the only such anomaly during the time of recorded history. The Romans enjoyed a similar warm period right around the time of Christ. Perhaps not coincidentally, a cool period coincided with Roman collapse. One does not have to wonder why that would have completely hosed the Romans.
- Climategate exposed an enormous amount of intentional fraud on the part of those promoting the "Global Warming" nonsense, along with their intentional destruction of their claimed original source data. This is, today, long-documented truth.
There is a long history of scientific fraud associated with various "environmental causes", many of which brought political changes predicated on lies that were directly responsible for massive numbers of deaths. Here are two of these, one resulting in deaths and one not:
- During the period from the early 1940s to roughly 1975 there was a great deal of concern that the planet was entering another Little Ice Age. TIME Magazine wrote stories and ran covers about the planet almost-literally freezing over. This is just one of many scaremongering games politicians and so-called "scientists" have run on the subject of climate and other ecological "disasters." AOC is not old enough to have been alive when this occurred, but I was and remember it well. Scientific "consensus" was that we were facing imminent disaster. Of course the truth, now known. is that we never were, as it never happened.
- So-called "scientists" also claimed, with much fanfare and universal consensus, that DDT was responsible for the thinning of eggshells among various bird species and, if the substance was not immediately banned, would lead to the destruction of all aviary species and ultimately the planet. This screamfest culminated in the book Silent Spring by Rachel Carson. It was all a fraud. This is not my assertion, it is that of multiple PhDs, including published articles by same. The resulting ban on DDT, undertaken by our EPA who knew they were lying, had overstated human exposures from the environment by a factor of 1,000 and never corrected the record, along with other governments worldwide who also went along with the fraud, literally killed millions in the ensuing years by allowing malaria, which had been seriously curtailed by mosquito abatement using DDT, to rebound. This single fraud, all based on alleged "scientific consensus", killed more people than the entire Holocaust; the people who ran that crap managed for many years to rack up between a million and two million deaths annually. Not one politician or so-called "scientist" was ever held to account for what was one of the largest genocides ever perpetrated on the human race with nearly all of the victims being brown or black.
Next up we have the inconvenient fact that with humans being responsible for approximately 3% of all CO2 in the atmosphere (the rest is natural) even if we wanted to we could not drive the climate sufficiently to do damage via CO2 emission.
It's simply impossible from a standpoint of physics. Approximately 2% of all gases in the atmosphere have an absorption spectrum that renders them involved in the so-called "greenhouse effect." Of that CO2 is only about 3.5% of the total. In fact nearly all of the gas that is involved in absorption and radiation of solar energy is water vapor.
Never mind that CO2 isn't a "pollutant." Find anything green in your home or outside and look at it. About 50% of what you see was once CO2.
CO2 is in fact scarce on a historical planetary basis. It has been this low only once before for any length of time in the planet's history -- about 300 million years ago.
Further, and very damning, the so-called "measurements" used to make the claim of increasing CO2 levels "in the modern area" are also a scam. They were cherry-picked; a look at a scatter graph of actual measurements and applying a best-fit curve shows that levels were near 500ppm in the early 1800s, long before we drove SUVs and burned coal or natural gas for electrical power. This fact is, of course, conveniently omitted and yet this data is public.
It is certainly true that CO2 levels are higher now than they were 50 years ago. This is good, not bad, in that it feeds plant growth.
This is beneficial, not dangerous.
Now here's the other problem with the base claim: "Human CO2 rise is causing warming."
From early 1900 to roughly mid-century the Earth was warming and CO2 levels were going up modestly. Since then CO2 levels have risen at roughly three times that rate but temperatures have not gone up faster than they were before. The rate of increase has not changed even thought he alleged "driving" factor has roughly tripled in impact.
There is no correlation and therefore the claim is, on a scientific basis, false.
Remember: Correlation cannot prove causation -- it can only suggest that it might be true -- but a lack of correlation disproves causation.
Why is the correlation missing if CO2 in fact captures photons, which we know to be true, and thus can cause warming?
Physics tells us why. CO2, like all gases, has an absorption spectrum. That is, it only absorbs certain wavelengths of energy. The problem is that there are only so many photons of energy at that spectra emitted from the Sun that strike the Earth's atmosphere; once you've absorbed them all more CO2 in the atmosphere doesn't do anything to make the planet warmer because there are no more photons of the appropriate spectrum to be absorbed.
This is physics and those are laws, called such because there is no way to violate them.
Finally, none of the so-called "climate models" of the last 20 years have verified. The expected rise in temperatures did not happen.
An inconvenient truth: We don't have enough carbon-based fuels on the planet to drive planetary CO2 levels even to the level inside your house. Long before we got there we'd run out of economically-extractable fuel sources and be forced to use something else. But government doesn't have to do anything to accomplish this; basic economics will do it all on its own as the cost of extraction rises since we continue to burn up the easier to get at, and cheaper, sources first.
Now let's look at what does correlate -- Ecliptic and Elliptical orbital variation and sunspots. In fact, if you overlay those three factors on the actual temperature record for the last thousand years you find near-perfect correlation.
Does CO2 "cause" warming? There's no evidence for it and the lack of correlation in fact disproves it. In addition physics and thermodynamics argue against it as well. There is no evidence to support the claim and plenty of evidence to support, on a correlation basis, that natural orbital, cosmic ray and sunspot activity is responsible, none of which, obviously, has anything to do with the number of SUVs being driven or whether we use coal and oil for fuel.
Now let's tackle one final claim: In 12 years -- just over a decade -- we're all dead if we don't stop emitting CO2.
That's so laughable that it should result in an immediate hanging for anyone running that crap in a political context. Why? Because through most of the Earth's history CO2 levels were dramatically higher than they are now and far beyond the so-called "runaway" level being pontificated.
If such a "runaway" was going to occur it would have happened millions of years ago and killed everything on this rock -- we would not be here.
This is a fanciful lie at the level of open and outrageous fraud; nobody should be able to run that crap and evade prison or worse.
Oh by the way, before I leave this specific part of the topic, let me make a further observation: After the Soviet Union fell suddenly "measured" temperatures started to shoot up. Want to know why? A large number of on-Earth temperature stations were in the former Soviet Union. The Soviet Government, being Communist, paid for fuel at outposts based on the reported temperature; thus, there was a strong incentive to lie and under-report temperatures, especially in the winter. Most of those stations went offline when the USSR fell but those that did not suddenly and magically started reporting true temperatures which instantly were materially warmer -- a literal impossibility since no time had passed. The so-called "climate scientists" know this but have not removed that data as knowingly invalid -- on purpose. In addition surface observations are naturally concentrated where there are people -- which biases the numbers upward due to well-known "heat island" effects (e.g. masses of concrete, blacktop, a thermometer in proximity to an A/C condenser, etc.) All of this means the error band is wider than the signal (~2 degrees C, typically) and is majority biased one way -- upward.
In other words surface observation data is worthless since there's no possible way to accurately correct the historical data.
We do have, however, for the last 40 years or so, high-quality satellite data. It shows the same slope as prior to the 20th century; in other words yes, it is getting warmer -- but increased human emissions of CO2 is not the cause as the rate of change has not increased.
So let's put this in perspective: Will the planet likely be about a degree Celsius warmer in 2100 than around 2000ish?
Probably. Unless we're entering into a solar minimum -- which we might be -- and if we are, you're going be rather surprised at the temperature deviation starting in the next 10-20 years or so because it's not going to be upward!
Are we the cause of any of this, and if we were to cut CO2 emissions would we stop it?
There's one final point. Let's assume all of the above is wrong; humans are the cause of global warming, it's going to get a lot hotter in the next 100 years, well over 2 degrees Celsius, and we all need to cut all greenhouse gas emissions dramatically to stop it.
Then you have a further problem because the very scientists who claim we have 12 years to stop this also state that even if the United States cut its CO2 output to zero tomorrow that we'd manage to prevent...... a few tenths of a degree of increase in temperature.
Doing so, of course, would mean:
- All coal, oil, and natural gas electrical generation is immediately shut down. We cannot supply the nation's electrical needs without these sources at anything approaching commercially-reasonable costs. Solar + wind + batteries would triple or more the cost of electrical power. This would take the $200 electrical bill in the southern states and make it $600 a month, or close to $7,000 a year. The median family could not pay that under any set of conditions.
- ALL air travel of any sort is immediately and permanently barred. There is no way to operate an aircraft without fossil fuels; it is simply a matter of energy density. This means no Air Force, no Naval Aviators, no civilian air travel and no Air Force One. Delta, American, United, Southwest, Fed-EX and UPS would all be instantly and permanently grounded. Overseas travel and trade would effectively and permanently end. Every person currently employed in any such job would be immediately and permanently unemployed.
- ALL current oil and natural gas heating in homes and business must be shut down and removed. The retrofit costs to electrical system (e.g. Heat pumps) would be enormous and in areas where temperatures go below freezing heat pumps do not work during that time because the outside coil both cannot pick up enough heat and it freezes. Since fossil fuels, including wood burning, would be prohibited the only option would be electric resistance heating which is three to five TIMES as expensive. $500 monthly heating bills anyone? Who can afford that in the Northern states?
- ALL current farm tractors and similar cannot be used and must be destroyed. Farm output would instantly collapse. We can easily feed the United States today; this would no longer be true. Our agricultural output would fall by at least 80%. But, it wouldn't matter because.....
- All trucks, currently operated by diesel fuel, and all internal-combustion cars would be permanently banned. Even if you had food on a farm 300 miles from the city you couldn't get it to the city and everyone inside said city would starve.
- All ships and our Navy, along with our Air Force, would have to be be permanently scrapped. The only remaining vessels allowed would be either nuclear powered in the case of naval vessels or sailboats. Anything too small for nuclear plant couldn't exist at all. No landing craft, destroyers, frigates, etc. There would be no point to a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier since there would be no aircraft. We wouldn't have to worry about trade with China, India, Pakistan or Vietnam since there'd be no way to get anything here. All recreational watercraft, from jetskis to the largest yachts, would have to be scrapped and all businesses making those and their components would have to be shut down. Even a pleasure sailboat would be illegal as they all have auxiliary internal combustion engines which could not be sold, used or fueled, nor could a generator be used.
- Personal transportation beyond the range of single-charge return distance (about 300 miles) would become impossible. Today you can drive north of 1,000 miles in a day, in your own car. The best of battery technology, both today and on the horizon, limits you to about 300 miles with no reserve, and a multi-hour charge requirement before you can continue. This makes your effective ability to personally travel less than one third of today's limit on a daily basis, and you can't decide to get on a plane or train to get around that either because, as noted above, all planes are banned. Oh, and said "electric cars" would cost twice what fuel on a per-mile basis costs today. You not only couldn't afford the Tesla you couldn't afford to plug it in to charge it. Oh, and as for RVs? Forget it. Banned.
- Emergency personal generators are immediately and permanently banned. Was there just a hurricane, tornado or ice storm and your power is out? Too bad, so sad. In the winter your pipes freeze since you can't use auxiliary heat.
- Re-configuring trains to be all-electric, since diesel fuel is now banned, would take a decade and outrageously increase the cost of rail transport. There is no feasible way to do this, especially in areas where there is sparse or no electrical infrastructure today.
- Mass-transit? Forget it. Buses? What are you going to run them on? Can't use natural gas or diesel. Now what?
- Re-configuring personal transportation, not including commercial transport (e.g. trucks, etc) to all-electric would require an approximate tripling of the electrical infrastructure in the United States. We have no possible way to do so today even with an all-on, decade-long effort using fossil fuels. It is flatly impossible to provide this level of electrical output using "renewable" energy sources such as wind and solar.
- Solar, in particular, requires an enormous amount of energy and CO2 release to make the cells; there is no free lunch. You must put the energy in that you wish to later extract. Since we cannot release any CO2 we also can't make any solar cells. Sorry, there are no more solar cells.
- You also can't make wind turbines. Refining rare earth metals vital to their production requires energy. The amount of energy returned by said windmill goes negative in this paradigm and thus it makes no sense to build windmills either as the energy to produce the windmill and operate exceeds that which is returned.
- Finally, renewables such as wind and solar are intermittent; you thus need storage of some sort. This means batteries or some form or potential or kinetic physical storage. All require energy to be expended to manufacture and maintain them. The energy balance of such a scheme is ridiculously unfavorable and, in the case of batteries the environmental damage associated with manufacturing and, in the case of lithium-based cells which cannot be economically recycled, their disposal, is severe.
It just gets worse from here; the bottom line is that a 100% CO2 cessation in the US (or "net zero", which forces capture at additional cost for any CO2 emitted) would instantly collapse the economy and kill an enormous percentage of the population -- likely two thirds or more of those here in America today -- by starvation. It would ruin our cities by making mass-transit impossible beyond the immediate vicinity of subway stations. It would also effectively delete our military.
Such a threat to cut CO2 emissions by humans in America, other than by breathing, to zero is a declaration of intent to commit genocide against the American people. If there's a crime worthy of summary execution, that's it.
Even worse, doing this would accomplish nothing. Why? Because the US is not even on the map when it comes to the nations with the largest increases in CO2 production -- both here and into the indefinite future. If you actually want to reduce CO2 emissions into the atmosphere you must focus on, and enforce, cessation of emissions in those places where that growth is occurring.
In order to to that what you're actually saying is that we must destroy both India and China along with their entire population right now, and in addition we must also make clear that all other nations, from Vietnam to the Congo, may not develop middle-class lifestyles and advance the comfort and security of their people ever or we will destroy them as well as soon as they begin to do so.
Because India and China are by far adding the most CO2 to the atmosphere. In fact the United States is roughly net-neutral at the moment (we were net negative a couple of years ago, and net positive last year.) Among other things while most people in the US and Europe already have air conditioners, which are a huge driver of electrical consumption almost none of the people there do. The count of households and commercial enterprises there utterly dwarfs the United States and the rest of the Western World. They will not stop advancing whether we like it or not unless we are willing to kill them all -- period. Nor will Vietnam or, as time goes by the majority of the African continent.
As the global warming alarmist "scientists" admit, even if we cut our CO2 emissions to zero (not net zero, actual zero) it would make no difference in the outcome on a percentage basis. Therefore the "cut America to zero" does nothing; the only path to achieve their "goal" is to commit genocide on a mass basis against the people of the world to the tune of billions murdered.
The climate screamers know this as well.
In short it's all a fraud just like DDT was and the people pushing it know it -- except that this time they intend to kill tens or even hundreds of times as many people as they did with the DDT scam.
This is another attempted genocide, just as the ban on DDT was, and must be stopped by whatever means are necessary.
The politicians pushing this crap must be ordered to abandon it by the people of the United States, as those who they represent.
If they refuse they must be removed from office.
If that fails then our only remaining choices are being slaughtered by financial ruin, murdered literally by starvation and inability to transport food and basic needs from the much-diminished production capacity to where they're needed, or we overthrow all governments involved in this scam by whatever means are necessary.